13.9.14

Fair Square Geometry



Textured white vest - c/o KLARRA
Panine dress - c/o KLARRA
Back pack - Charles & Keith
Pointed flats - Charles & Keith
Lipstick - Dior Addict in Paris

Nigel is wearing Drifter Bali shirt, Pull & Bear jeans and Dr. Martens boots.

It's not every day that I will be inclined to pull out a tuxedo vest. Majority of women would avoid a boxy vest for which it does nearly nothing flattering for her body nor how off curves, but at the same time, those women oversee the possibilities of one seemingly masculine garment. As much as possible, I built my outfit on lines and geometric shapes, a steer from feminine silhouettes I normally don. If you're still sitting on the fence, think of it this way – isn't dress all about modification, adornment and manipulating volume? Just because something's hidden doesn't mean it's not there, similarly, an exaggerated boxiness will not suggest a lack of being. With an endless admiration for art in all forms, I love incorporating architectural elements when I feel like it. Sometimes it could be oversized pleats, another time it may be chunky block heels. Continuing with the topic on vests, my textured plunge-neck garment served as a seamless separate on top of my shift dress. And because I never like to leave an ensemble without surprises I left my back zip halfway down for extra leg room. ;-) Despite looking basic on the surface, I felt amazingly inspired in this fuss-free style. It was almost like an #ootd detox from the tremendous amount of prints and patterns we see everyday. 

Photos by Nigel.