2.7.13

The Wallflower


wall·flow·er/ˈwôlˌflouər/
Noun
1. A person who has no one to dance with or who feels shy, awkward, or excluded at a party.
In social situations, a wallflower is a shy or unpopular individual who doesn't socialize or participate in activities at social events. He or she may have other talents but usually does not express them in the presence of other individuals.





Photography Gladys Ng 
Model Uli Chan 
Hair Mark Cheng
Stylist Reyme Husaini, Gabriel Tan



I'm on the cover and editorial spread for MODA Magazine Issue 02! This is by far the most high fashion photo shoot I've ever done in my life. I don't consider myself a professional model but blogging had given me a lot of opportunities to be part of crazy random projects. For that, my heart cannot be more thankful. 

I received a text message from Gladys for this project just two days after I got a pixie haircut. I thought to myself, "oh no...what a great timing to model...", but Mark a.k.a. the hair magician had the ability create miracles out of nothing, literally. How do you like my new locks? I received lots of questions  from friends if I wore a wig or was the pixie cut a prank. I loved the braids so much and they reminded me of Wednesday Addams. Michelle painted me perfectly arched red lips that were a total waste to wipe away at the end of the day. White sparkly eyeshadow is never a conventional choice in the makeup world but she made it convincing. Even in the most humid situations, Reyme and Gabriel were able to dress me up the best way possible. Oh and did I mention, those guys made the two flower crowns! Total overachievers for making that from scratch. The whole shoot was a great experience and it wouldn't have been possible without a dedicated team of creative minds. 

Which is your favourite photo? Mine has to be the third!

-
Update:
I can't believe it. 'The Wallflower' is on VOGUE ITALIA! (www.vogue.it > Photo Vogue)


I am so happy and proud for everyone who worked hard for this; Gladys Ng's Photography, Mark Cheng's hairstyling, MichMakeOver's makeup, Gabby& Reyme's styling + DIY flower crowns... With (half) my face associated with Vogue Italia, I can die happy now. ‪#‎blessed‬